Friday, February 22, 2008

A Lesson In Values Part 2

I just finished the second Spring Breeze top by Dorothy Young Designs and had to snap a photo so I could let you compare it with the first one, below. As I mentioned in Part 1, I picked too wide a range of light values in the first top, with some being too close to my mediums, so the design was lost.



As you can see in this one, I got it right. Well. almost. Can you see the spot where I swapped two pieces? I can, but only when I look in the photo. Oh, well, I am glad I too the photo before I quilted the thing!

I love the whirling designs in this pattern. I will have to make at least one more, out of non-holiday fabric, this time.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh i love that design .. now i see about the movement in your quilt . .

great job aileen!!!