Sunday, August 10, 2008

Sunday Progress

I got to play with fabric and fiber today, and had time enough to take photos and write about it. That's almost as close to a perfect day as I can get!



I finished another purse using appliqued drink glasses from Pat Sloan's "Five O'Clock Somewhere" pattern.




I used one of the embroidery stitches on my sewing machine that reminds me of streamers, it feels somewhat party-like.



Isn't this the perfect use for hunk fabric, lining a bag with it? Well, my daughter would say a better use is having it on the outside, but I'm thinking the older, more mature recipient of this bag will appreciate it's being inside where she can steal a peek with no one knowing.

I also got to cut and wind some fiber spools for a trade with the Fiber Art Traders group. The top left two are a mohair type and metallic blend, and next to them is a soy/wool blend. Bottom left is a silk/wool blend, center is wool, right is mohair. They'll go to 10 different swappers, and I'll get 10 in return. Can't wait to play with the new fiber I receive!

3 comments:

Sweet P said...

Great job on the purse. I like the hunky fabric inside.

Kay said...

"but I'm thinking the older, more mature recipient of this bag will appreciate it's being inside where she can steal a peek with no one knowing."

LMHO!!! Are you sure you sent it to the right person???? Mature? OLDER?! HEY!!! Wait a minute... :op***

Seriously, LOVE IT and the book and it was a wonderful surprise!

Shar said...

Lovely purse the machine embroidery stitch you chose looks great.